♥ Enter the world of Biology ♥ <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6600217636601682532?origin\x3dhttps://itsallboutbio.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
♥ YOUR GIRL

Tan Zhao Lin
3D ( 17 )
14+
14081992
Anglican High School
English Drama Club

♥ Links

Link
Link
Link
Link
Link


♥ Wishlist

A1 for Bio
A1 for all subjects !!!



♥ Gossips

Put your tagboard here :D


♥ Music


When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd
need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
is made up on your side

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now ?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do
reminds me of you
And the clothes you left
they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you
I love the things that you do

When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now ?

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you

We were made for each other
out here forever
I know we were
yeah, yeahhh

All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me
Yeah

When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear will always get me through the day
And make it OK
I miss you




♥ Mahhs lil past.

January 2007

♥ Credits

Picture - Deviantart



♥ Wednesday, January 31, 2007


Question Two

B. What are the advantages and disadvantages of animal cells only having a cell membrane (Compared to a cell wall found in plants)?























~ Disadvantages of animal cells only having a cell membrane

1) Cells with a cell wall are stronger in contrast to cells with only a cell membrane are weaker


2) Cells with cell wall can withstand far greater degrees of positive osmotic pressure than cell only having cell membrane (higher concentrations of water outside of the cell).


3) When the cell wall in cells die they can still serve a purpose within the organism by contributing to structural rigidity or fluid transport (e.g. xylum in plants) whereas cells without cell wall does not



4) Cells will be able to burst but if the cell has cell wall it will not be able to burst



5) Cell walls enable plants to resist pressure coming from the inside and out of the cell therefore cell with only cell membrane will be less able to resist these pressure






















~ Advantages of animal cells only having a cell membrane

1) Cells with cell walls are limited in size by the size of the cell wall but cells without cell wall is not limited in size thus allowing it to come in many sizes



2) In situations of high negative osmotic pressure the cell membrane can detatch from the cell wall and is often ruptured, killing the cell, but cells with only a cell membrane will not have this problem


3) Cells with cell walls are very rarely able to move unless they have specialist attatchments like flagella


4) Cell wall is not much use for preventing germs from passing through as it is fully permeable thus with a cell membrane is enough as it is partially-permeable so able to stop germs from entering the cell


5) Cell wall will cause cells to have rigid shape thus making us stiff and unable to move freely, but cell with cell membrane will not cause us to be stiff and could move freely



friends forever
2:05 AM